The following information is provided for new resident convenience only and is not intended to endorse the merchants listed. The list is based upon recommendations from residents of The Old Northside.
1. Where is the closest hardware store?
2. How does trash collection work?
If your container is missing or stolen, report it to the police by calling (317) 327-3811. They will issue an "incident number" so you can call (317) 327-4MAC to be issued a replacement. Also, if you record the serial number marked on your trash container, this will speed up the replacement process.
Each household can have up to two of the 96-gallon containers. The first one is provided by the City and a second can be obtained for $45.00 by calling (317) 327-4MAC.
Businesses and apartment buildings with more than four units do not get City trash pick up and must provide their own dumpsters.
For even more about trash, click here.
3. Where is the Post Office? And other delivery services?
4. Where is the closest pharmacy?
5. Where is the closest grocery store?
6. Where is the closest dry cleaner?
7. Where is the closest veterinarian?
9. Where is the closest hospital?
Indianapolis is fortunate to have outstanding medical practitioners and services. The downtown resident has several excellent choices:
Other emergency care and specialized treatment centers are located throughout the metro area.
10. Public Library
13. Where do I vote?
14. Mayor's Action Center
15. Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD)